Since I’ve hit the taper and don’t have much running news, I figured I’d join the trend and go a little off-topic today, onto some FRIDAY FAVORITES!
Things I’m loving right now:
- Summer weather = cute running clothes. I did end up splurging and getting myself a new running skirt – the Vixen from Skirt Sports . What can I say, I’m all about retail therapy. Want to try one out yourself? Use a discount code – 20NET20 – for 20% off.
- Wedge Sandals instead of heels for work! I’ve been eyeing up these over at Payless, but they don’t seem to actually be in stock anywhere, online or in store. I’ll be keeping an eye out for equally well-priced alternatives that exist in real life.
- Fuller eyebrows. My eyebrows have always been a little sparse. I’ve never been someone who had to pluck much – I’m lucky I have what I have, LOL. What I do have kind of fades out at the ends, and is unruly and sparse in the middle, too. So I’ve been trial and error-ing eyebrow products. So far, there are two that I like:
Milani Stay Put Brow color in soft brown. This one isn’t as harsh looking as a lot of the gels out there, and the color worked for me.
Maybelline Define & Fill – in Auburn. This color is absolutely perfect, and I wish other companies made an “auburn” shade like this one. However, the pencil looks a little chunky after a few hours, and the powder is a little hard to keep in the lines. Imperfect, but such a good color I use it anyway from time to time.
- The return of light, summery beers! Some of my yearly faves include Sam Adams Porch Rocker, River Horse Summer Blonde, and of course, the tried and true Blue Moon. My local brewery Demented has their Strawberry Cream Ale, called Astarte, out again – and it is simply amazing. Many growlers of that to come!
- Elle King – America’s Sweetheart. Turn it up every time it comes up.
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Nightsweats – SOB. Listen to it, clap it up, curse it out. Then realize it won’t ever leave your head, and you don’t mind.
Right now, all of those things are making me think summer, and I’m so ready for it. I am psyched to be meeting up with some of my college lady friends this weekend for dinner, while all the Gents are away at an annual “Man Weekend” in the Poconos. They all have baby sitters, so it’s wine and Mexican for us. This is definitely my version of a good way to taper! #winning
Happy Friday, everyone!